Looking to find financial independence through real estate but don’t want to be responsible for a portfolio of 100 homes? Well, that’s exactly what today’s guest is doing!
Jenny Bayless is a real estate investor in Colorado who is using long-distance investing principles to systematically build a portfolio of cash flowing properties using the BRRRR method! Jenny is absolutely crushing it by “making” deals in today’s tough market and shares what she looks for that other investors miss.
Learn her system for targeting fixer-upper properties, how she estimates rehab costs, and the method her real estate agent uses to send her videos of potential properties so she doesn’t have to drive hours to see them. Jenny also shares how she uses hard money to buy “cash,” how she found a rockstar agent, and how she backed into an “accidental BRRRR” that led to future success!
Today’s episode is equal parts inspirational and practical with TONS of actionable advice. If you want to retire early with real estate but don’t want the headache of managing 100 homes, don’t miss this show!
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Watch the Podcast Here
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thanks! We really appreciate it!
This Show Sponsored By
Stessa makes it easy for both novice and sophisticated investors to drive operational efficiencies, maximize revenue, and improve overall portfolio performance. Just take a few minutes, add your properties, link your accounts, and everything updates in real-time. Stessa brings the institutional tools used by the pros to the everyday investor for free
To learn more and get started with a free account, go to Stessa.com/bp
Deep Dive Sponsor
If you’ve been thinking about getting a SimpliSafe – Home Security System, but have been
waiting for the holidays when all the tech deals come out—you’ve made a smart move! If you go to SimpliSafe.com/biggerpockets you’ll get 25% off any new system. That’s an amazing deal.
They rarely do anything like this but they’re doing it just for us!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Long-distance principles Jenny uses to invest near her market
- How Jenny uses the BRRRR strategy to systematically grow her portfolio
- Ways to chase financial freedom without a monstrous portfolio
- How she has an agent do her due diligence for her
- The strategy she uses to “make” deals in a today’s tough market
- Her opinion on how to use turnkey properties to get started investing
- Ways to start with fixer-upper properties to get great deals in a hot market
- How she uses hard money to buy “cash” deals
- How she estimates rehab costs before writing offers,
- Her “accidental” BRRRR story
- How she’s pursuing financial independence with only 10 homes!
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
Books Mentioned in this Show
- “The worst that they can say is no.” (Tweet This!)
- “We all know what it’s like to have a job. We don’t all know what it’s like to run a business.” (Tweet This!)